Skip header and navigation

1 records – page 1 of 1.

WHO 2010 classification of pancreatic endocrine tumors. is the new always better than the old?

https://arctichealth.org/en/permalink/ahliterature265454
Source
Pancreatology. 2014 Nov-Dec;14(6):539-41
Publication Type
Article
Author
Claudio Ricci
Riccardo Casadei
Giovanni Taffurelli
Marielda D'Ambra
Francesco Monari
Davide Campana
Paola Tomassetti
Donatella Santini
Francesco Minni
Source
Pancreatology. 2014 Nov-Dec;14(6):539-41
Language
English
Publication Type
Article
Keywords
Humans
Ki-67 Antigen - metabolism
Neoplasm Staging
Neuroendocrine Tumors - classification - pathology
Pancreatic Neoplasms - classification - pathology
Reproducibility of Results
Retrospective Studies
World Health Organization
Abstract
In 2010, the World Health Organization released a new classification system for endocrine pancreatic tumors. The new categories replaced those in the old classification.
To test the safety and accuracy of the new classification in stratifying patients, we retrospectively evaluated 64 consecutive patients, surgically R0 resected for pancreatic endocrine tumors.
In our experience, only 19/31 (61.3%) patients classified as having well-differentiated tumors were included in the new neuroendocrine tumor G1 category while the remaining 12 (38.7%) shifted into the G2 category. Moreover, 10/33 (30.3%) patients classified as affected by a malignant endocrine neoplasm in the old system were considered as G1 tumors in the new one. These differences were statistically significant (P 
PubMed ID
25266640 View in PubMed
Less detail